The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 9 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
3 of these deaths occurred in January, 2 in February, 3 in March and 1 in April.
There has been a total of 4,727 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Monday 5th April, the HPSC has been notified of 443 confirmed cases of Covid-19.
There is now a total of 238,907* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 239 are men / 203 are women
- 75% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 208 in Dublin, 32 in Cork, 24 in Kildare, 20 in Meath, 17 in Donegal and the remaining 142 spread across 19 other counties. **
As of 8am today, 261 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 60 are in ICU. 12 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 3rd 2021, 932,324 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 660,800 people have received their first dose
- 271,524 people have received their second dose