The shortlist for the RTE Choice Music Prize Irish Album of the Year 2022 has been announced.
The shortlist is as follows:
- Anna Mieke – Theatre (Anna Mieke under license to Nettwerk Music Group)
- Aoife Nessa Frances – Protector (Partisan Records)
- CMAT – If My Wife New I’d Be Dead (CMATBABY)
- Dermot Kennedy – Sonder (Island)
- Fontaines D.C. – Skinty Fia (Partisan Records)
- Just Mustard – Heart Under (Partisan Records)
- Pillow Queens – Leave the Light On (Royal Mountain Records)
- Sorcha Richardson – Smiling Like An Idiot (Faction Records)
- The Mary Wallopers – The Mary Wallopers (The Mary Wallopers)
- Thumper – Delusions of Grandeur (Eva Magical Music Sounds)
Taking place on Thursday, March 9 in Vicar Street the 18th annual awards celebrates the best of Irish music ever since its inception in 2005.
The winning album of the year act will receive €10,000 which has been provided by The Irish Music Rights Organisation (IMRO) and The Irish Recorded Music Association (IRMA) while all shortlisted acts will receive a specially commissioned award.
Commenting, Adam Fogarty, Head of Music, RTÉ 2FM, said: “It’s been another year of quality music from Irish artists which we’re looking forward to celebrating on 2FM. The new prizes, particularly Irish Artist of the Year and Irish Breakthrough Artist, along with Irish Song of the Year will ensure that we get to put an even bigger spotlight on incredible Irish artists and recognise their achievements over the last twelve months.”
Tickets for the awards night are on sale now at: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/choice-music-prize-tickets/artist/1541435