Iarnród Éireann has today launched a recruitment drive for Onboard Customer Service Officers.
Up to 30 positions are available, across the national network, with full details available at www.irishrail.ie/careers for interested applicants.
Iarnród Éireann say the recruitment drive will enable the company to complete the introduction of Onboard Customer Service Officers across all Intercity routes, and is part of an Iarnród Éireann programme to enhance customer service on board.
These are ideal positions for people with a passion for customer service.
It will greatly enhance service to all customers, and the role will include:
- On-board information and customer support
- Providing reliable and improved assistance for mobility-impaired customers
- Ensure seat reservations are operational and observed on-board
- Providing an onboard channel for ticket sales and first class upgrades
- Assisting customers during in-service disruption situations, including arranging connections and transfers
Positions will be available in Dublin, Galway, Limerick Mallow, Sligo, Tralee, Westport and Waterford.
The company say they will provide best practice customer service training for all successful applicants, and there will be a number of phases in the selection process.
This will include initial online assessments, competency-based interview, medical and reference checking.
Chief Executive Jim Meade said:
“The recruitment of Onboard Customer Service Officers is part of our ongoing programme of enhancing customer service, and ensuring that all customers receive the care and support needed when they travel with us.
“The response from customers to Onboard Customer Service Officers has been extremely positive, and we are looking for motivated, proactive candidates who are passionate about customer service.
“With our investment plans we are set to expand greatly in the years ahead, meaning not only is this an excellent opportunity in itself, but it will provide a strong career path within our company.”
The recruitment campaign to complete the introduction of On Board Customer Service Officers is the latest to launch this month.
Over 150 roles are currently advertised including Drivers, Station Operatives and Apprenticeships.
The company’s investment programme, part of the National Development Plan 2021 to 2030 and funded by the National Transport Authority and Department of Transport, is set to see our rail services grow and customer service enhanced over the coming years, with investment including:
- A record fleet investment, with the first 95 carriages of the largest, most sustainable rail fleet investment in Irish history ordered last December, and up to 750 carriages planned over the coming decade
- The DART+ Programme, set to treble the electrification and double the capacity of the Greater Dublin Area, with infrastructure works to extend the DART to Maynooth / M3 Parkway, Drogheda and Hazelhatch
- Major investment confirmed in the Cork and Galway commuter rail networks, and planned for Limerick and Waterford
- Network investment to improve speeds and service frequency on the Intercity network
For more information on the role and details of how to apply, please visit www.irishrail.ie/careers